Posted by Olivia on Friday, July 30th, 2010
Inspired by the Salad Dressing Competition we're currently hosting, I decided to adapt this awesome-sounding lime dressing from Eating Well and toss it with freshly shredded cabbage for a cool, crisp, non-creamy version of coleslaw. The result was light and fresh and will be right at home at my next barbeque.
- 1 head green cabbage, very thinly sliced
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 1 large bunch cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup Lime Olive Oil
- Juice of 3 fresh limes
- Juice of 1 fresh orange
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place cabbage and scallions in a bowl. Set aside.
- Puree remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Toss dressing with cabbage. Serve alongside burgers, sandwiches, or on its own.