Posted by Olivia on Thursday, April 12th, 2018
1. Moisturize & Soften Skin – Olive oil is a natural moisturizer and great for the skin because of its antioxidant properties. It doesn’t clog pores and it’s loaded with Vitamin E and polyphenols.
2. Super Smooth Shave – The perfect 2 for 1 solution! Like we mentioned above, olive oil is a fantastic moisturizer and it helps the razor effortlessly glide over skin.
3. Furniture Polish – Mix olive oil with a touch of lemon juice, shake up in a spray bottle, spritz on your furniture and wipe away with a soft cloth. A wonderful natural and safe furniture or wood polish!
4. Eye Makeup Remover – Apply a few drops to a cotton ball and gently wipe away the day’s makeup. Another natural solution that will help moisturize your luscious lashes!
5. Remove Paint & Grease from Skin – Add a touch of salt or sugar to get those extra tough stains out.
6. Leather Polish – A light olive oil rub can help restore hardened leather. Work into leather with a soft cloth, let sit for half an hour, and then wipe off any excess oil.
7. Soothe Diaper Rash – Use olive oil in place of baby oil to treat and prevent diaper rash
8. Nail Care – soak a Q-tip in olive oil and apply to nails to moisturize cuticles and encourage nail growth!
9. Shine Up Brass – Apply a small amount of olive oil to a soft cloth and rub onto brass hardware for a shine like new!
10. Sunburn Treatment – Rub olive oil on lightly sunburned skin. The healthy fats in olive oil get rid of free radicals and can help repair short-term skin damage due to UV light exposure.
11. DIY Body Scrub – Combine olive oil and sugar or salt into a thick paste and scrub on body to remove dead skin and leave the skin glowing!
12. Lip Care – Dab olive oil on lips directly or combine equal parts olive oil and beeswax to make your own chapstick.
13. Grease Squeaky Hinges – Place a few drops of olive oil onto squeaky door hinges to lubricate and get rid of annoying squeaks.
14. Massage Oil – A perfect natural massage oil that leaves skin healthy and glowing!
15. Hair Mask – Create a mask with olive oil. Coat hair and let it soak in for about a half an hour then wash out for stronger, healthier, shinier hair.
16. Water Resistant – Wipe a bit of olive oil on leather boots, gloves, belts or bags to help them resist water, preserve quality and condition!
17. Free a Stuck Zipper – Dab on a few drops of olive oil, let sit for a minute or two, then zip as usual.
18. Supplement Your Pets – Check with your vet first. Add a few drops of olive oil to your cat or dog’s meal to give them the same amazing health benefits you enjoy from cooking with olive oil!
19. Sooth a Scratchy Throat – A spoonful of olive oil will do the trick!
20. Lose the Frizz and Static – Rub a small amount of olive oil on your hands (and reap the moisturizing benefits!), then run your fingers through your hair, followed by a stroke or two from a natural brush.
Try out some of these tips and tricks for yourself and pick up a NEW Bag In A Box so you can have olive oil on tap in the kitchen, the bathroom, the garage, you name it!