BLT Caesar Salad Recipe from Cookbooks and Corks
Posted by Olivia on Thursday, August 5th, 2010
Check out the following recipe from Cookbooks and Corks!
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce or 6 heads baby Romaine hearts
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 lb smoked bacon
- Sourdough croutons
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 1 1/2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cut bacon into a medium dice and cook in a skillet until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Wash lettuce leaves and spin dry.
- Cut crosswise into 1 1/2" pieces and place in a large salad bowl. Place bowl in refrigerator.
- In a food processor with a steel blade, place all ingredients except olive oil and Parmesan cheese and process until smooth.
- Add 1 1/2 cups olive oil slowly through the feed tube with the machine running until dressing is thick. Turn off machine.
- Add 1/2 cup Parmesan and pulse a couple of times.
- Toss salad with dressing.
- Add bacon and tomatoes and toss again.
- Finally, add 1/2 cup Parmesan and the croutons and toss again.
comments powered by