Posted by Olivia on Wednesday, June 22nd, 2011
Who says pickling is just for cucumbers?
Pickled foods (sauerkraut, kimchi, the list goes on!) are a healthy way to sneak more veggies and spices into your regular meals by adding a tangy flavor kick and digestive-enhancing probiotics. Our new artisan pickles are unlike any you’ve ever had. Produced in small batches with fresh seasonal veggies, these varieties are sure to impress even the finest foodie: Pickled Beans with Cajun spice; Walla Walla Sweet Onions with balsamic & rosemary; and the outrageous Bacon Pickle with hickory.
Check out these mouth-watering pickles today. Add them to your summer picnic baskets, patio grilling sessions, and block party BBQs. Need some serving ideas?
French Quarter Pickled Beans: with Cajun Spice
· Add to a sophisticated Bloody Mary or martini
· Snack on them right out of the jar
· Serve with other veggies and pickles with Ranch or artichoke dip
· Chop and add to dirty rice, paella, or other Mardi Gras fare
Bacon Pickle with Natural Hickory Smoke
· Serve over grilled burgers, hot dogs, and fish
· Kick your Bloody Mary up even another notch!
· Add to your PJB for sandwich even Elvis would go nuts for
· Add to tuna or chicken salad and sandwiches
Pickled Walla Walla Sweet Onions
· Add to raw burger mix or layer atop grilled brats
· Top grilled Portobello mushrooms for a veggie burger
· Chop and scatter over your fave salad recipes
· Add to sautéed greens with a bit of the jar brine
Get the goin' while they're good . . . and they are good!