Lemon Almond Olive Oil Biscotti
Posted by Olivia on Wednesday, November 20th, 2013
This biscotti was served at Community Press Day made by Green String Farm with our Master Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil… and was a huge hit! The recipe was requested, so here it is:
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1.5 cups Master Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Zest of two lemons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sea salt (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt. Add chopped almonds and stir. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In the bowl of an electric mixer with paddle attachment, beat together eggs, sugar, Master Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil, lemon zest, and vanilla on medium for 1 minute. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Reduce mixer speed to low; gradually add flour mixture and mix until dough just begins to come together.
- Divide dough into 2 equal pieces and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Shape each piece into 12-inch-long logs, ½ inch high.
- Bake logs until firm, about 28 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through. Reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees F. Cool logs on baking sheet for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer logs to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, slice each into 24 half-inch-thick biscotti. Place biscotti on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing ½ inch apart. Sprinkle with sea salt and bake biscotti until slightly crisp, about 14 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Enjoy with coffee!