Grilled Apricots with Ricotta and Champagne Balsamic Vinegar
Posted by Olivia on Tuesday, May 11th, 2010
Can you think of anything more wonderful than sitting outside on a warm summer evening, sipping chilled white wine or beer, and eating these gorgeous little treats? I qualify them as dessert but they’re savory enough to join a dinner spread as a side dish
- 8 ripe apricots
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta
- 2 tbsp Champagne Balsamic Vinegar
- black pepper to taste
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. If using grill pan, brush with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Split the apricots in half lengthwise, discarding the pit. Grill flesh-side down for 3-5 minutes or until grill-marks appear and the fruit softens slightly.
Remove from heat and transfer to a plate.
- Drizzle the apricots grilled side lightly with the balsamic vinegar. Top each one with a dollop of ricotta and freshly-cracked black pepper.