Sweet Cherry & Rosemary Biscuits
Posted by Olivia on Friday, December 3rd, 2010
Not quite a scone, but not quite a cookie, these sweet holiday biscuits are deliciously somewhere in between.
Baked with peppery, robust Jacuzzi Family Vineyards Olive Oil, and infused with the grassiness of rosemary and the fruitiness of cherries, these sweets have a magnificent flavor. Speckled with red and green colors, they even look like the holiday season. Serve them warm with honey butter and jam, and enjoy leftovers for breakfast with a steaming winter latte!
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup Jacuzzi Family Vineyards Olive Oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Combine flour, sugar, rosemary, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate large bowl, whisk together milk, oil, and eggs. Pour into flour mixture; mix until just combined. Gently stir in cherries.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons into cookie sheet. Bake 13 to 15 minutes, until very lightly browned. Cool slightly in pan; transfer to wire rack to cool completely.