Grilled Lamb Chops with Garlic, Olive Oil, and Lemons
Posted by Olivia on Saturday, November 21st, 2009
- ½ cup MARQUESA Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus 2 Tablespoons for the lemons
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup thyme leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 racks of lamb, 8 chops each, trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 9 lemons, cut in half crosswise
- Sprigs of oregano and dill, for garnish
- Whisk together oil, garlic and thyme in a shallow large baking dish.
- Add the chops and turn to coat.
- Cover and marinate for 1 to 1 ½ hours in the refrigerator. Remove the chops from the refrigerator 20 minutes before grilling.
- Heat grill to high and grill the chops for 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium doneness. Remove and rest for 2 minutes. Slice into individual chops.
- Brush the cut side of the lemons with the oil and grill, cut side down, on high for 1 minute. Turn lemons 45 degrees to make hatch marks and remove.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the platter of chops. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with fresh sprigs of oregano and dill. Serve the remaining grilled lemons on the platter with the chops.