Posted by Olivia on Wednesday, March 30th, 2011
Yes, it’s just fancy mayonnaise, but oh how good it is! You can whip up this garlicky, savory French sauce in the food processor in just minutes. Use it as a dip for veggies, as a spread for summer sandwiches, as a spread over grilled salmon, you get the picture.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup Mission Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Whisk egg yolk, lemon juice, and mustard in a medium bowl until smooth. Add oil in a slow drizzle, whisking constantly, to blend into a thick, smooth mixture.
- When all oil is added, stir in garlic and seasonings to taste.