Grilled Chicken and Onion Pizza with Wasabi Sauce
Posted by Olivia on Friday, April 22nd, 2011
Step aside, steak. The grill has a new number one: pizza!
We just rolled out our new line of gourmet mustards, and we can’t wait to smear them on everything coming off the grill. First up, though, is pizza. Few people think to put pizza on the grill, but it’s really quite easy, and it cooks up in just minutes. Using our tangy Lemon Wasabi Mustard, we made a sweet and spicy sauce for this irresistible weekend pizza pie.
This is a great chance to try our recipe for Fig Balsamic Onions--they add an amazing element of depth to the pizza. Otherwise, just use sliced red onions, and you’ll still have one awesome pie.
- 1 (12- to 14-inch) pizza crust
- ¼ cup Meyer Lemon Wasabi Mustard (or use your fave)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Italian Blend Olive Oil
- 1 cup cooked, cubed chicken breast
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Fig Balsamic Onions (may substitute raw red onions)
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat grill.
- Place pizza crust on grill; cook until just golden, about 3 minutes. Remove crust from grill; turn over.
- Whisk together mustard, honey, and oil in a small bowl. Spread evenly over grilled pizza crust. Top with chicken, cheese, and onions.
- Place pizza back on grill; cook until golden and cheese is bubbly, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from grill, top with basil, and serve.