Posted by Olivia on Tuesday, March 26th, 2013
Gabi Moskowitz, author of the popular blog and recent cookbook The BrokeAss Gourmet, is all about good eating on the cheap—without sacrificing flavor or quality. Here's an exclusive recipe not included in the book: Blueberry-Ginger Granita. Granitas, if you’re new to them, are frozen Italian desserts, similar to sorbet but handmade and easy to whip up. They’re wonderfully light and refreshing!
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 small piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp sugar (or more, depending on taste)
- 5 cups ice cubes
- We added a splash of Fig Balsamic for an extra kick
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor until fully incorporated. The consistency should be like a snow cone, not a smoothie, so add more ice as needed to achieve the proper texture.
- Serve in pretty bowls or glasses with a spoon.
Print This Recipe