Champagne Balsamic Fig Jam
Posted by Olivia on Monday, June 7th, 2010
This easy jam requires very little work but goes far to liven up sandwiches and cheese platters. Try spreading it over a thin round of pizza dough with prosciutto and fontina (bake at 475 for 12 minutes) or brush over chicken breasts before roasting for the easiest yet most sophisticated chicken ever.
- 1 lb dried Mission figs, ends removed
- 1/2 cup Champagne Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Add 2/3 cup water.
- Cook covered, over low heat for 20-25 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed and figs are very soft.
- Puree using a blender, food processor or immersion blender.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Notes: Makes about 1-1/2 cups of jam
Print This Recipe