Cheese-Stuffed Portobello Caps with Black Currant Glaze
Posted by Olivia on Wednesday, October 20th, 2010
Portobello mushroom caps stuffed with a savory tapenade cheese filling and brushed with a glaze of olive oil and our prime Black Currant Balsamic Vinegar. I chose Mission Extra Virgin Olive Oil in this recipe, as its fruity undertones meld with the natural fruitiness of the balsamic vinegar. This broiled entrée comes out like a buttery steak, full of juice, texture, and flavor. It’s definitely a keeper.
- 4 medium Portobello mushroom caps
- 3 tablespoons Mission Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons Black Currant Balsamic Vinegar, divided
- ¼ cup crumbled feta or blue cheese
- ¼ cup Tuscan Olive Tapenade
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat broiler. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Clean and dry mushroom caps.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and 2 tablespoons vinegar. Set aside. In another small bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon vinegar, cheese, tapenade, and basil. Set aside.
- Brush caps liberally with oil and vinegar mixture. Place on baking sheet with scales facing up. Spoon cheese mixture evenly onto tops of caps. Place in oven and broil until cheese melts and topping bubbles, 3 to 5 minutes.
- To serve, place one cap on each plate and drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar.
Notes: Makes 4 servings.
Print This Recipe