Clementine Sautéed Apples
Posted by Olivia on Wednesday, October 10th, 2012
Here’s a classic seasonal fall recipe that’s got our special twist: sweet, sautéed apples cooked in our very own Clementine Olive Oil for a slightly-citrusy zing that is wonderful with autumn meals.
We enjoyed this right out of the skillet, but you can serve it with ice cream for dessert, with vanilla yogurt for a light snack, or over oatmeal for a comfy-cozy fall breakfast.
Made with these products from The Olive Press:
- 1 tablespoon Clementine Olive Oil
- 2 small Gala apples, cored, sliced into wedges
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add apples and cook until light golden and softened, stirring occasionally, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to apples; stir to fully coat with spices. Cook until fragrant, stirring, about 30 seconds.
- Add honey to apples, stirring to fully coat. Remove from heat and serve.
Notes: Makes 2 small or 1 large serving.
Print This Recipe
comments powered by