Fava Bean, Ricotta, Mint and Limonato Fritters w/ Lemon Yogurt Sauce
Posted by Olivia on Thursday, May 30th, 2013
We blended quinoa with local fava beans from Green String Farm in Petaluma, our very own Limonato Olive Oil, ricotta, mint, garlic, and lemon zest, topped it with a simple yogurt sauce, and achieved perfect little bursts of flavor.
This light and zesty Springtime creation stands alone wonderfully over a bed of greens, along side grilled lamb, or as an hors d’oeuvres.
Fava Bean, Ricotta, Mint and Limonato Fritters w/ Lemon Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 cup cooked fava beans
- ¼ cup Limonato Olive Oil
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup loosely packed mint, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon Limonato Olive Oil
- 1 ½ cup greek yogurt
- ½ large cucumber
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
Print This Recipe
- For the Fritters:
Purree the fava beans with ¼ cup Limonato Olive Oil in the food processor. In a large bowl, mix fava bean mixture with quinoa, ricotta cheese, lemon zest, garlic, mint, and add salt and pepper to taste. Use potato masher to get a smooth consistency.
- Form small patties, about 2-3 inches in diameter. Heat Limonato Olive Oil in a frying pan over medium heat, brown the patties on each side (about 5 minutes total).
- For the sauce:
Combine yogurt, cucumber, chives, and lemon juice in a bowl and stir until fully mixed.
- Top fritters with sauce and serve immediately.