Fig Balsamic Barbeque Sauce
Posted by Olivia on Wednesday, March 30th, 2011
Can we just say – wow. You are going to smother this barbeque sauce over everything on the picnic table.
- 2 tablespoons Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ red onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ cup water
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium. Add onion and garlic; cook until softened, stirring, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, vinegar, sugar, mustard, and chili powder; stir until well mixed. Whisk in water; season to taste. Bring to a boil, whisking; lower to a simmer and cook until mixture has thickened to fully coat the back of a spoon, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Refrigerate up to two weeks.
Notes: Makes about 1 cup.
Print This Recipe