Fresh Corn, Heirloom Tomato and Koroneiki Salad
Posted by Olivia on Monday, September 13th, 2010
Floral, fruity Koroneiki Extra Virgin Olive Oil proves the perfect match for ripe heirloom tomatoes, crisp corn and fresh basil. This simple salad comes together in minutes but will leave guests talking about it all night. Serve as alongside barbequed meat, chicken or fish.
This recipe works well with heirloom cherry tomatoes (halved) or full-size heirloom tomatoes (diced).
- 2 tbsp Koroneiki Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 ears of fresh corn, shucked
- 2 lbs heirloom tomatoes (halve, if using cherry heirlooms, dice if using full-size heirlooms)
- 2 large handfuls of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Use a sharp knife to cut the kernels from the corn cobs. Transfer to a salad bowl.
- Toss the corn kernels with heirloom tomatoes and basil.
- Drizzle with the Koroneiki Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Toss well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Print This Recipe