Gourmet Gals’ Green Gazpacho w/ Jalapeno Olive Oil
Posted by Olivia on Thursday, July 18th, 2013
Here at The Olive Press we’re lucky enough to share space with two fantastic wineries, Jacuzzi Family Vineyards and Cline Cellars. Between the wineries and The Olive Press there’s an abundance of wine and food lovers lending to an endless conversation and collaboration of culinary ideas. We’re always putting our heads together trying to figure out the best pairings and serving suggestions - and what’s better than experimenting with food and wine?
There’s even a group called the “Gourmet Gals” who get together about four times a year. A few people volunteer to cook dishes and the afternoon is spent pairing wine with food, sounds kind of like a dream right? I thought I would share this wonderful recipe from the last go around. You can even see the whole menu here: Mangia! Mangia!
Green Gazpacho with Jalapeno Olive Oil
- 2 1/2 - 3 pounds of yellow and green heirloom tomatoes
- 1 1/2 English cucumbers (plus more for garnish)
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 3-4 scallions (white and green parts)
- 1 large avocado
- 1 jalapeno pepper – seeded and stemmed
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of 2 limes and 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup of Jalapeno Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Combine half the chopped tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and scallions with all the avocado, jalapeno, garlic, lime and lemon juice and 1 cup of cold water and puree until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining chopped tomatoes, cucumber and onion to the blender along with the parsley, mint and olive oil and pulse to a chunky puree. Add to the bowl and stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Serve garnished with chopped cucumber, parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.
Notes: Can be stored in an airtight container.
Print This Recipe