Grilled Primavera Pasta Recipe
Posted by Olivia on Wednesday, August 8th, 2012
This vegetable-packed pasta recipe is ideal for outdoor summer dining. Bring the kitchen outside and put your grill to good use for an artisanal Italian entrée.
Here, classic primavera pasta is made with grilled seasonal vegetables—mushrooms, tomato, and bell peppers. The sweet, smoky grilled flavor of the vegetables combines with the freshness of fresh basil and just a hint of balsamic vinegar.
When prepping your vegetables, chop them in about ½-inch size pieces, so that they are large enough to not fall through the holes in your grill pan or bowl. To finish off this incredible entrée for a meat-lover, simply slice a grilled sausage and serve atop the pasta.
- 5 large button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ pound angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons Medium Intensity Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare the vegetables: Preheat grill to medium-low. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; toss well to coat. Arrange evenly in a large grill pan or bowl. Grill until lightly browned and just softened, about 10 minutes, tossing halfway. Remove from grill.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pasta: Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook until al dente according to package directions. Drain and toss with olive oil; set aside. When vegetables are finished, add to cooked pasta, along with basil and balsamic vinegar. Toss well.
- Season pasta to taste with additional salt and pepper. Spoon onto serving plates and top with cheese. Serve immediately.
Notes: Makes 4 servings.
Print This Recipe