Holiday Quinoa Pilaf with Dried Fruits & Olio Nuovo
Posted by Olivia on Thursday, November 17th, 2011
Late autumn is the perfect time for Olio Nuovo to be released, just in time for the holiday season. Once you taste this unbeatable olive oil, you’ll be using it in all of your holiday recipes. Here’s one of our favorites this year, which is perfect for Thanksgiving and through the New Year: Holiday Quinoa Pilaf with Dried Fruits & Olio Nuovo.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup chopped apricots
- ¼ cup chopped toasted pecans
- ¼ cup dried cherries or cranberries
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Olio Nuovo
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Rinse quinoa in a strainer until water runs clear; shake off excess water. Combine quinoa and water in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce to a low simmer, and cook until liquid is absorbed, covered, about 13 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer cooked quinoa to a medium mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients; toss gently to mix well. Season to taste, adding more Olio Nuovo as desired. Serve warm or chilled.
Notes: Makes 4 servings.
Print This Recipe