Lemon-Lavender Cream Scones
Posted by Olivia on Friday, June 4th, 2010
Our Culinary Lavender Products from Little Sky Lavender Farms are flying off the shelves! Be sure to pick some up soon (along with some delectable Limonato Olive Oil) to make these yummy, unique treats
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp Culinary Lavender Sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 6 tbsp Limonato Olive Oil
- 1/3 c heavy cream, plus more for brushing
- 2 tbsp Culinary Lavender Buds
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and Lavender Sugar. Gently stir in Limonato Olive Oil until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small pot over medium-high heat, bring the cream and culinary lavender just to a boil. Remove from heat and let sit for 20 minutes, so that cream is infused with lavender flavor. Strain out lavender flowers and discard them.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs and lavender cream until well blended. Stir cream mixture into dry ingredients until they are moistened. Divide the dough into two 8-inch rounds on a greased baking sheet. Cut the dough with a sharp knife into 8 wedges. Brush the top with additional cream and sprinkle with Lavender Sugar. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the scones are a golden brown.
Print This Recipe