Olive Oil-Scallion Green Pea Soup
Posted by Olivia on Monday, March 22nd, 2010
Spring has sprung! Sweet green peas come together with basil and peas in a perfect combination, simultaneously perking one another up, while nutty Parmesan gives a depth of flavor that makes you remember this soup. It's all tied together by Delicate Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1 10 oz. bag frozen green peas
- 1 15 oz. can vegetable stock
- 6 scallions, chopped, ends removed, plus more for garnish
- 3 tbsp Delicate Extra Virgin Olive Oil, such as Koroneiki
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine green peas, stock, scallions, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, basil and Parmesan in a soup pot over medium-high heat. Stir gently until peas soften. Bring to a light boil and then reduce heat to medium. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until peas are soft.
- Remove from heat and puree using a food processor, blender or immersion blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If serving chilled, refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until cold. If serving hot, serve immediately, garnishing individual bowls with Parmesan and scallions.
Notes: Note: this soup is equally delicious served hot or cold.
Print This Recipe