Panzanella (Tuscan Tomato & Bread Salad)
Posted by Olivia on Wednesday, November 11th, 2009
- 4-5 large vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into large cubes or wedges
- ½ pound stale country-style Italian bread, crusts removed and cubed (about 8 cups)
- 1 ¼ cups thinly sliced red onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup The Olive Press Champagne Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup The Olive Press Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bunch fresh basil, stems removed, washed and spun dry, torn into pieces
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, bread, and onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, vinegar and olive oil.
- Pour the dressing over the bread salad and let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Add the basil and salt and pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
Print This Recipe
comments powered by