Pistachio-Crusted Rack of Lamb
Posted by Olivia on Monday, November 8th, 2010
Holiday season has arrived, and before long, we'll be entertaining dinners of roasted meats, mashed vegetables, herbed stuffings, and baked desserts. Can't wait! To supplement your holiday spread this year, I've come up with a seasonal entree that will "wow" your guests: a pistachio and mustard-crusted rack of lamb. Delightful!
To complement the grassiness of the lamb, and the spice of the rub mixture, I've chosen Jacuzzi Family Vineyards Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It's a grassy, pungent olive oil with a heart spice, and it highlights the natural flavors in this recipe.
This recipe is an elegant addition to any holiday menu you might be planning--and it's amazingly simple to prepare. Enjoy!
- 1 rack of lamb, about 8 chops
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Jacuzzi Family Vineyards Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ cup chopped pistachio nuts
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 375F. Season lamb rack with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together nuts, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and oregano. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add lamb and sear on all sides, about 4 minutes total.
- Transfer lamb to a shallow roasting pan; coat with mustard evenly. Coat surface of lamb with nut mixture, patting down to adhere.
- Roast until crust is golden and lamb juices run clear, about 15 minutes. Serve as a whole rack or slice into pieces.
Notes: Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Print This Recipe