Purple Potato Garden Latkes with Meyer Lemon Sauce
Posted by Olivia on Friday, July 1st, 2011
What do you get when you cross purple potatoes, pink radishes, and green herbs together and top it all off with one lemony sauce? Our new recipe for garden latkes, that’s what!
We tossed out the old recipe for potato latkes, which is usually just white potatoes and flour, and gave it all sorts of color, freshness, and flavor. Grated purple potatoes and pink radishes provide the base, with lots of antioxidants and sweet, bright flavor, and we added all sorts of green herbs to the mix—chives, scallions, parsley, whatever you have on hand is perfect. To top it off (literally!), we kicked up the usual sour cream sauce and added a touch of our Meyer Lemon Wasabi Mustard. So creamy, so luscious, and just a bit tangy.
Enjoy these potato cakes fresh off the griddle for a soul-satisfying summer treat.
- 2 large purple potatoes, scrubbed, grated (about 2 cups)
- 5 large radishes, scrubbed, grated (about 2 cups)
- ½ cup sliced chives or scallions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Master Blend Olive Oil
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Meyer Lemon Wasabi Mustard
- Squeeze excess liquid out of grated potatoes and radishes.
- Combine potatoes, radishes, chives, parsley, flour, egg, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; mix well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Form potato mixture into about 10 patties; flatten slightly. Add patties to skillet; cook until golden on both sides, about 8 minutes total.
- Whisk together sour cream and mustard. Serve with potato cakes.
Notes: Makes about 10 latkes.
Print This Recipe