Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon, Olive Oil, and Parmesan
Posted by Olivia on Tuesday, December 8th, 2009
This is the easiest Brussels sprouts recipe I know of--and also one of the best. Even people who swear they hate Brussels sprouts will gobble this one up, thanks to the winning combination of lemon, olive oil and Parmesan. If you want to really maximize the lemon flavor, try using Limonato (Meyer Lemon) Olive Oil instead.
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, cleaned, ends trimmed, halved
- 1/8 cup medium intensity olive oil, such as Master Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon, plus extra zest for garnish
- 1/8 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly-cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss Brussels sprouts, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and zest in a bowl, coating each sprout well.
- Spread sprouts onto an ungreased baking sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until edges are brown and the sprouts become quite fragrant. Remove from oven, toss with Parmesan, salt and pepper, and garnish with more zest, just before serving.
Print This Recipe