Roasted Butternut Squash and Pumpkin Soup
Posted by Olivia on Monday, November 5th, 2018
This delicious soup topped with spiced pepitas is one of our favorite fall recipes!
Made with these products from The Olive Press:
- For the soup:
- 3 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash (about 1 small squash)
- 6 cups peeled and cubed sugar pumpkin (about 1 medium sugar pumpkin)
- Pink salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons The Olive Press Chive
- 1/2 of a yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 green apples, peeled and diced
- 1 can coconut cream
- 4 – 8 cups low sodium vegetable broth, depending on how thin or think you would like your soup
- 8 oz cream fraiche
- The Olive Press Olio Nuovo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- For the spiced pepitas:
- 1/4 cup raw pepitas
- 1/8 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons The Olive Press Sriracha Spice Blend
- 2 tablespoons The Olive Press Napa Garlic Spice Blend
For the soup:
For the spiced pepitas:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut pumpkin and butternut squash into quarters and scoop out seeds.
- Brush or spray the pumpkin and squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on the foil lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for approximately 45 minutes or until easily pierced with a knife.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly. Peel off the skin and cut into cubes.
- Add 2 teaspoons of chive olive oil to a large pot and heat over medium high heat.
- When oil is hot, add in diced onion, carrots and apples and sauté for several minutes until the onion softens.
- Add in roasted butternut squash and pumpkin. Stir to combine.
- Add in curry powder, lemon juice, salt and pepper and stir together.
- Pour in broth and coconut cream, then bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once the soup comes to a boil, purée until smooth.
- Add more seasoning if desired.
- Top soup with spiced pepitas, a drizzle of Olio Nuovo and cream fraiche if desired.
- Place a small non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add pepitas to skillet and toast until light brown and fragrant.
- In a small bowl, toss together pepitas, olive oil and spices until coated.
- Remove from heat and cool.
Print This Recipe
comments powered by