Roasted Mini Pumpkins with Clementine Maple Sauce
Posted by Olivia on Friday, October 8th, 2010
This luscious autumnal dessert is a snap to prepare--but the elegant results will fool your guests into thinking otherwise. Savory, buttery pumpkins are coated with a glaze of our Clementine Olive Oil, maple syrup, and fall spices. Baked to perfection, it's finished off with fresh whipped cream and extra sauce. A divine dessert!
- 2 mini pumpkins, whole
- 1/4 cup Clementine Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Carefully carve the top of each pumpkin off, reserving the lids. Scoop out the pumpkin seeds and inner flesh; reserve pumpkin seeds for another use, if desired.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, maple syrup, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Brush insides of pumpkins liberally with sauce, reserving remaining sauce for serving.
- Place pumpkins in a deep baking dish; add enough water to fill 1/2-inch deep in bottom of dish. Place lids back on pumpkins. Place in oven and bake 35 to 45 minutes, until pumpkin is very tender.
- Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes. Drizzle remaining sauce over pumpkins and serve warm with fresh whipped cream.
Notes: Makes 4 small servings.
Print This Recipe