Roasted Root Vegetables
Posted by Olivia on Monday, February 22nd, 2010
This is simple, fresh cooking at its best--an easy side dish, perfect alongside chicken, fish or tofu, or alternatively, a satisfying vegetarian entree when tossed with whole wheat pasta and goat cheese. I like to make a double batch on a rainy Sunday afternoon and eat it all week. Oh, and it makes your kitchen smell fabulous.
- 2 sweet potatoes/yams scrubbed and diced
- 10 fingerling potatoes scrubbed, halved and cut into large chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 medium winter or butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- a few sprigs of rosemary, sage, flat-leaf parsley or all three
- 3 tbsp Medium Intensity Extra Virgin Olive, such as Mission
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread vegetables and herbs over a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss, using hand to ensure all vegetables are coated.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot or cold.
Print This Recipe