Posted by Olivia on Monday, September 12th, 2011
Sweet, tart, and popping with bright flavor, these soaked cherries are versatile for all your seasonal recipes.
Spoon over ice cream (did you know we make Olive Oil Ice Cream?), over grilled fruits, over roasted and grilled meats, or spooned into yogurt or whipped cream for a summer parfait.
Made with these products from The Olive Press:
- 1/2 pound fresh cherries, pitted, halved
- ¼ cup Champagne Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup water or cherry juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry or port, optional
- Combine cherries, vinegar, water, and sherry in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until cherries are softened and plump, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Serve warm or chilled.
Notes: Makes about 2 cups.
Print This Recipe
comments powered by