Smoked Cheddar and Basil Bacon Melts
Posted by Olivia on Wednesday, May 25th, 2011
You may have seen this recipe in our May Catalog that just went out--it's a keeper! Try this one out for weekends on the patio or a movie night with your buddies.
- 4 tablespoons Basil Parmesan Oil, divided
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 24 thin slices zucchini
- 12 slices bacon, cooked soft-crisp, halved
- 8 slices smoked cheddar cheese
- 2 ciabatta rolls, halved
- Dried or fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss tomatoes and zucchini with 3 tablespoons oil; arrange evenly on a baking sheet. Roast until slightly browned and juicy, about 10 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside. Raise oven to broiler setting.
- Arrange the sandwiches: Place 4 halves of Ciabatta rolls on baking sheet. Top each with 2 slices cheese, 6 slices zucchini, 4 pieces bacon, and 6 tomato halves. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon oil over sandwiches.
- Place under broiler and cook until cheese is just melted, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
Notes: Makes 4 sandwiches.
Print This Recipe