Who knew salad could be a finger food?!
Made with these products from The Olive Press:
- 2 Tbsp The Olive Press Master Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4-6 Roma (plum) tomatoes
- Fresh whole basil leaves
- 1 package (8 oz.) fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- The Olive Press Classic Balsamic Vinegar (for drizzling)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine Olive Oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper into a bowl with the mozzarella. Allow to marinate while tomatoes are being prepared.
- Cut 3-5 slices in each Roma tomato (be careful not to cut all the way through!)
- Slice marinated mozzarella in thin, half-moon pieces.
- Take a whole basil leaf and marinated Mozzarella and carefully insert into the cuts made in the tomato.
- Drizzle tomatoes with Classic Balsamic Vinegar and the remained of the marinade if desired.