Give your shrimp a spicy twist with our Sriracha Spice Blend! Enjoy the last few weeks of summer with this deliciously fresh and zesty appetizer.
Made with these products from The Olive Press:
For the brine
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups ice
For the shrimp
- 30 raw, tail on shrimp (cleaned and deveined)
- 1 tablespoon The Olive Press Arbequina Olive Oil
- 2-3 tsp The Olive Press Sriracha Spice Blend
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Old Bay seasoning
For the cocktail sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1-2 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2-3 teaspoons The Olive Press Sriracha Spice Blend
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- A dash of worcestershire
- A pinch of salt
- Combine ingredients for brine. Place cleaned shrimp into a bowl with brine and refrigerate mixture for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place a baking sheet under oven broiler and preheat for 5 minutes. Remove shrimp from brine and drain. Rinse under cold water and dry on paper towels. In a large bowl, toss shrimp with Arbequina olive oil, Sriracha Spice, lemon juice and sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning, if desired.
- Place shrimp onto a sizzling sheet pan and return to broiler immediately. After 90 seconds or so, turn the shrimp with a pair of tongs. Return the shrimp to broiler for 60-90 seconds. Transfer to a cold platter and refrigerate immediately.
- Combine ingredients for cocktail sauce. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve shrimp with cocktail sauce.