A twist on zucchini in the form of a fun and delicious appetizer!
Made with these products from The Olive Press:
- 1/2 cup The Olive Press Jalapeño Olive Oil
- 2-4 extra large zucchini
- 1 large red or green bell pepper
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 - 1 cup corn
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 3/4 cup salsa
- Wash and chop bell pepper, red onion, half of the bunch of cilantro, and jalapeño and combine in large skillet.
- Toss with 1/4-1/2 cup of The Olive Press Jalapeño Olive Oil and cook to desired texture then mix in salsa and cumin to taste.
- Wash and slice the large zucchini in half length-wise and core the halves with a spoon to remove the soft seeded area.
- Fill the zucchini boats with cooked mixture, top with cheese.
- In a greased casserole dish, place boats, cover with foil and cook in oven at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Take foil off and broil for 5 minutes until cheese bubbles.
- Plate and garnish with remaining cilantro.